Description: In this topic you will learn how to add notes to any entity throughout the system (per your access). Entry types include, but are not limited to:
*Please note: Notes added have no character limit expect notes added directly to a punch entry which have a 2500 character limit. For more info on entering a note on a punch entry, see "Enter a Punch" How-To.
Role Required: Any, including View Only
Permission Required: Any
- Log in with your personal profile
- Navigate to the details page of the entity you wish to add a note to by selecting the main menu and submenu for where the entity is located
- Example: If you wish to add an additional note to a punch, navigate to the Punch Entry Details Page.
- Click Actions
- Click New Note from the Actions dropdown
- Complete the Note Entry Form
- Note Type: Select note type
- Selecting Custom will allow you to select a Note Sub Type specific to your company
- Subject: Summarize the note
- Body: Add note content and format as desired
- Attachment: Add attachments as needed
- Click Save
- Select Yes in the confirmation alert window
- The note has been added and will appear in the table on the Notes tab of the Details Page. Notes added by other users with the same access will also appear in the table.
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.